Studies, trials and communication for consensus
The project is organized in 4 packages of activities:
- WP3 : A Task Force organised 5 thematic working groups
WP4: Pilot activities
WP2: Communication and dissemination
WP1: Coordination of the project
A Task Force for thematic studies
- The mission of the task force setup at trans-national &
regional levels is to to reach consensus on "adequate" port facilities.
- It is organised in five working groups on technology, economy, environment, operation (eg booking facilities) and regulation.
- It acts as a knowledge base and networking platform to improve current services . Baseline solutions are tested through "pilot activities", and further promoted if successfully accepted by the interest community.
Tests of enhanced techniques, services, economic, operational or legal models
The Pilot activities allow testing improvement of Port Reception Facilities regarding:
- Technology: for hydrocarbons, the installations in the port of Brest are used to test new processes to enabling receiving, treating and reuse or various oiled effluents. For Ballast Water, the DAMEN Insave mobile station will go from prot to port to be tested in real conditions.
- Economy: new financial model and incentives to motivate PRF usage
- Environment: water property monitoring, forecast and decision making tools will be developed and validated with ports and public authorities to manage risks of pollution from oil, chemicals and invasive species.
- Operational use: a digital PRF location and booking service
including for BW treatment
Communication has an important role in that project. It combines:
- demonstrations of the BW InvaSave and advanced services by Atlantic ports
- publications: from newsletters, articles in newspapers and journals
- setup and contributions to
European workshops and conferences
- and elaboration of a brand, a web site, a brochure, etc.
- Project coordination, covers:
- management of daily activities,
- progress monitoring, reporting and planning
- concertation between the partners (the Steering Committee), and the associated partners (the Advisory Board) on strategic orientations of the project.
The project runs over 32 months structured in six month periods. It started on September 1st 2017